Pink Beetroot Pasta (Ve)
Looking for a pink meal or perhaps an easy Valentine's Day dinner idea that will wow your partner? Try this Pink Beetroot Pasta recipe which is completely vegan-friendly.
Beetroot is rich in nutrients that support a healthy heart. Beets contain folate, or Vitamin B9, which helps form healthy blood cells.
For dessert, why not try our Vegan Valentine's Day Cake?
1 large beetroot
1 chopped garlic clove
320g of tagliatelle or spaghetti (or pasta of your choice)
¼ tsp of salt
½ tsp of black pepper
1 tsp of cayenne pepper or chilli flakes (optional)
2 tbsp of olive oil
¼ cup or 59ml of vegan plain yoghurt
½ cup of almonds or cashews
2 tbsp of vegan parmesan cheese or hard cheese (or vegan cheese of your choice)
1) Peel and chop the beetroot, place in foil, and drizzle some olive oil on top. Poke a few holes into the beetroot, cover the foil over it, and roast it in the oven for about 20-30mins or until ready (should be soft and tender).
2) As the beetroot is cooking, boil the pasta of your choice per packet instructions, in salted boiling water. (Approx. 10 mins or until your liking).
3) Blend the roasted beetroot with garlic, olive oil, almonds or cashews, vegan yoghurt, salt and pepper (and chilli flakes or cayenne pepper if you like it spicy).
4) Drain the pasta and combine the pasta with the creamy beetroot sauce.
5) Garnish with vegan parmesan cheese and you’re done! Add extra toppings or some of your favourite roasted veggies for an extra personal touch.
We would love to see if you make this recipe, tag us on Facebook and Instagram at @drveganco
If you're unsure if your diet is supporting you as it should we recommend taking your Diet Profile, for free, in just 3 minutes.
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers: