Vegan Valentine's Day Cake (V)
This Valentine's day replace the conventional flowers and chocolates and share your love in literally the sweetest way possible!
While most of us will be spending Valentine's day at home this year, let us make the most of it! Share love in the sweetest way possible, and as we like to believe, food is a great way to show affection.
This frozen raspberry lemon cake is so delicious and unique in flavour, it'll surely leave a long-lasting impression.
Ingredients (ideal for a 20cm cake tin)
Oats (3/4 cup)
Almonds (3/4 cup)
Shredded coconut (1 cup) Pitted dates (1 cup)
Lemon juice (half a lemon) Dark syrup (3 tbsp)
Frozen raspberries (1 1/2 cup) Dark syrup (2 tbsp)
Water (2 tbsp)
Cashews (3/4 cup)
Dark syrup (2 tbsp)
Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
Lemon zest (2 tbsp)
Lemon juice (half a lemon)
Coconut milk (2 cup)
Coconut oil (1 tbsp)
Turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- In a food processor blend almonds, oatmeal, shredded coconut, a pinch of salt, lemon juice, dark syrup, and dates. Blend until well combined.
- Spread the mixture in the cake tin and push downwards for an even base layer. Refrigerate.
- Add the frozen berries, dark syrup and water into a blender and blend until smooth paste. Refrigerate.
- Blend together the ingredients for the cake filling (cashews, dark syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut milk, coconut oil, turmeric).
- Pour the cake filling into a mixing bowl and combine with the raspberry sauce.
- Pour the ingredients into the cake tin. Swirl the ingredients with a knife for a beautiful design.
- Freeze for 3 hours. Garnish with berries, lemon zest, raspberry sauce, chocolate, and other toppings of choice.
- Thaw the cake for 30 minutes before serving! Enjoy!
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers: