Vegan Raspberry and Lemon Cake (Ve)
Share your love in literally the sweetest way possible!
This frozen raspberry lemon cake is so delicious and unique in flavour, it'll surely leave a long-lasting impression. Whether you make it for Valentine's Day or simply to share the love no matter the day of the year, that's up to you.
(ideal for a 20cm cake tin)
Oats (3/4 cup)
Almonds (3/4 cup)
Shredded coconut (1 cup) Pitted dates (1 cup)
Lemon juice (half a lemon) Dark syrup (3 tbsp)
Frozen raspberries (1 1/2 cup) Dark syrup (2 tbsp)
Water (2 tbsp)
Cashews (3/4 cup)
Dark syrup (2 tbsp)
Vanilla extract (1 tsp)
Lemon zest (2 tbsp)
Lemon juice (half a lemon)
Coconut milk (2 cup)
Coconut oil (1 tbsp)
Turmeric (1/2 tsp)
- In a food processor blend almonds, oatmeal, shredded coconut, a pinch of salt, lemon juice, dark syrup, and dates. Blend until well combined.
- Spread the mixture in the cake tin and push downwards for an even base layer. Refrigerate.
- Add the frozen berries, dark syrup and water into a blender and blend until smooth paste. Refrigerate.
- Blend together the ingredients for the cake filling (cashews, dark syrup, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut milk, coconut oil, turmeric).
- Pour the cake filling into a mixing bowl and combine with the raspberry sauce.
- Pour the ingredients into the cake tin. Swirl the ingredients with a knife for a beautiful design.
- Freeze for 3 hours. Garnish with berries, lemon zest, raspberry sauce, chocolate, and other toppings of choice.
- Thaw the cake for 30 minutes before serving! Enjoy!
Recipe by @couple_of_chefz / www.coupleofchefz.com in proud partnership with DR.VEGAN®
You may also enjoy trying our pink Beetroot Pasta
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers: