Today we share with you a recipe that is great for energy levels and 100% wholesome. A lunch you can look forward to and prepare at the weekend so you're ready for the week ahead. This vegan meal prep is absolutely delicious and nutritious, here's why:
Kale is perfect for meal prep since it does not get soggy easily and is packed with Vitamins A, K, C, B6.
Carrots are a great source of Vitamin A and antioxidants.
Quinoa is great fibre source and is good for blood sugar control.
Tofu and chickpea are the protein source for this wholesome meal.
Drizzle a salad dressing of your choice and bon appetit!
Ingredients (4 portions)
Bell pepper (1)
Carrots (2 medium or 4 small)
Cornstarch (1 tbsp)
Quinoa (1 cup)
Olive oil (1 tsp)
Vegetable stock (1 ¾ cup)
- Place the quinoa in a strainer and rinse under cold water. In a saucepan heat the olive oil on medium heat before adding the quinoa and toasting it for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Lower the heat settings, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from heat and let it stand for 5 minutes. Quinoa will be fluffy and ready! 4. Drain and rinse canned chickpeas before cooking them in water for 15-20 minutes with oil and seasoning of choice.
- Meanwhile, chop the kale and slice the bell pepper and the carrots.
- Boil the carrots for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- Drain the excess water from tofu packaging and dice it into small cubes. Toss the tofu in cornstarch, pinch of salt, and spices of choice.
- Saute in oil over medium heat until each side is perfectly golden brown.
- Toss all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and thoroughly mix before packing into lunchboxes.
- Store in the fridge until consumed.
Want to stay connected?
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers:
2021-02-12 16:22:33 +0000