Cheesy Oven Baked Broccoli and Cauliflower Fritters (Ve)
Craving something cheesy but also nutritious? These fritters are perfect as a snack on their own or as an addition to a weeknight meal.
Broccoli is a great plant-source of Choline. Choline is often overlooked but is essential for maintaining a healthy liver and supporting a good cognitive and brain function. If you're following a vegan diet, it’s important to include a variety of plant-based sources of Choline - learn more in 'The benefits of choline and where to find it'.
You can also find take Choline as a daily supplement on its own in DR.VEGAN Choline (600mg, Bitartrate Form), and in our award-winning Daily Multi-Vitamin, and because Choline is a vital nutrient during pregnancy for developing babies, it is also in our nutritionist-recommended Pregnancy Multinutrient. All 100% naturally sourced with zero nasty additives.
Here's how to make our delicious Cheesy Oven Baked Broccoli and Cauliflower Fritters.
- 3 or 4 stalks or 1 head of broccoli
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- A handful of coriander, finely chopped
- 1 cup of chickpea flour or plain flour (depending on the consistency, if too thick you can do less flour)
- ½ tbsp ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika powder or cayenne pepper (you can add more depending on how spicy you like it)
- ¼ cup of nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 cup of vegan cheese
- 1 cup of plant-based milk (or less depending on the consistency)
- A sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower for around 10 mins until they become soft. While it’s steaming, grate the vegan cheese.
- Squeeze the broccoli and cauliflower in a towel to get rid of any excess water and chop them into small pieces.
- Add in the spring onions, garlic, coriander, ginger, and vegan cheese into the bowl of broccoli and cauliflower and mix.
- Mix in chickpea flour, paprika or cayenne pepper, nutritional yeast, salt and pepper.
- Slowly mix in the plant-based milk, until a dough has formed. Don’t do it all in one go as you don’t want the mixture too runny. Check that you are able to form a patty with it. (If it’s too wet add in a little more chickpea flour, if too dry add a little more plant-based milk.)
- Line a large baking tray with parchment paper and spray olive oil on top.
- Divide the dough evenly and roll it into balls. Place them on a baking sheet and flatten them slightly so they look like patties.
- Spray some olive oil on top of the fritters and place into the oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, let it cool and enjoy with Easy Vegan Garlic Mayonnaise.
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers: