If you like spirulina coladas... This is a healthy take on the classic Pina Colada. A simple recipe, simply blend the raw ingredients together. It's a health boost ideal for the morning or as an energy boost in the day! A tropical twist on the usual smoothie gives us those beachy summer vibes - dreamy!
- 1 cup/235ml coconut milk (canned is absolutely fine - we've gone for light coconut milk)
- ½ cup/105g pineapple chunks (frozen works too!)
- 1½-1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- ½ ripe banana/112g (frozen works best!)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish extras: Matcha powder, chia seeds and chopped banana.
First add the coconut milk to your blender
Followed by the fruit (banana and pineapple) and lightly blend for 10 seconds.
Add the spirulina powder and vanilla extract last
- Blend until smooth and desirable consistency.
- Garnish! We've gone for a sprinkle of matcha powder and bananas with a cocktail stick! You could use chia seeds for extra protein.
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers: