Vegan Waffles (Ve)
Golden and crispy and fluffy inside this recipe is a 5 step winner.
Your favourite waffles turned plant-based for all to enjoy. Can be eaten as a breakfast with berries and bananas or can be as a dessert with ice cream and chocolate sauce or even maple syrup. However you like to top your waffles, enjoy and unleash your food creativity.
For this recipe we've used soy milk but you may opt for any plant-based milk you like for baking such as almond, oat, coconut or cashew.
To get the signature waffle shape you will need a waffle iron.
160g cup plain flour, sifted
3 tablespoons White Granulated Sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon table salt
300ml unsweetened soy milk or your choice of milk
2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract or essence
Your choice of toppings!
1. Begin with making the batter by mixing the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large mixing bowl using a fork or silicon whisk.
2. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture and slowly add in the soymilk and melted coconut oil to combine and stir with the dry ingredients.
3. Add the vanilla extract and keep stiring, it should be a smooth airy batter.
When the waffle iron is hot, make sure it is lined with non-stick spray so the waffles are easier to take out when cooked.
4. Pour the batter into the waffle iron and close. They should take a few minutes and we advise to keep checking on them.
5. Top however you like! What will it be? Berries, banana, grapes or perhaps some ice cream, chocolate sauce, maple syrup, icing sugar... the possibilities are endless.
Discover our range of vegan vitamins and supplements.
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our free newsletter: