Fresh, healthy and hits the spot. The total time needed for this recipe is just 30 minutes, including prep and cook time - bliss! Perfect for a weeknight dinner.
Ingredients (serves 4 portions):
Garlic (4 cloves)
Carrots (2 medium sized)
Portobello mushrooms/button mushrooms (500g)
Fresh Cherry/Plum Tomatoes (200g)
Rice flour (3 tbsp)
Vegetable stock (2.5 cups or 600 ml)
Nutritional yeast (5 tbsp)
Low sugar coconut yogurt (6 tbsp)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
- On medium heat sauté finely chopped onion, garlic, and chili.
- Add chopped carrots and tomatoes followed by mushroom. Stir and cook until softened. 3. Then add rice flour and mix for 1-2 minutes before gradually adding the vegetable stock. Keep stirring until the sauce starts to simmer. Simmer for 5-9 minutes, at this point the sauce should start to thicken.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.
- After the pasta sauce shows signs of thickening, add nutritional yeast followed by coconut yogurt. Stir to combine.
- Season the sauce according to preference.
- Add the cooked pasta with the sauce and toss together. Serve as it is or garnish with basil and crushed nuts. Bon appétit!
Want to stay connected?
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers:
2021-03-30 18:13:44 +0100