Mushroom Satay Spaghetti (Ve)
A dinner recipe that takes 10 mins for all the family? You've found it right here.
This spaghetti recipe includes peanut butter, which is nutrient-packed with Vitamin E, Magnesium, Iron, Selenium and Vitamin B6. These nutrients are beneficial for skin health, you may like to read more in our article written by nutritionists 'best foods and vitamins for glowing skin'.
We think you'll be surprised how easy and creamy this sauce is. It proves you don't need cornstarch, eggs or any animal ingredients to make a brilliant pasta sauce.
If you make this recipe, please tag us on facebook and instagram at @drveganco
200g baby chestnut mushrooms, washed and finely sliced
A sprinkle of table salt
75g smooth peanut butter of choice
3 crushed garlic cloves
1 tsp dried chilli flakes
3 tbs lemon juice
1) Cook your spaghetti per packet instructions, in salted boiling water.
2) Use a deep frying pan or casserole dish to make your sauce, placing it at medium heat on the hob. Add a bit of olive oil and throw in your mushrooms first.
3) As your pasta is cooking, scoop out about 500ml of starchy water as this is what you'll use to thicken your sauce.
4) Now, in your frying pan with the mushrooms, add the peanut butter and the starchy water a bit at a time. This is important, a bit of water at a time and keep stirring until smooth.
5) Add the garlic and chilli flakes. When the sauce is properly thickened to your liking add the lemon juice for some zing.
6) Drain your pasta and mix in the sauce. That's it! Feel free to garnish with some parsley or herb of your choice.
If you're unsure if your diet is supporting you as it should we recommend taking your Diet Profile, for free, in just 3 minutes.
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers: