Looking for a delicious healthy alternative to coffee? Turmeric is the answer. Filled to the brim with health benefits this is a great recipe for a health kick. The end result is a luxurious gold colour giving the name Golden Latte or Golden Milk! You will see this drink popping up in coffee shops all around the world.
If you replace the turmeric and nutmeg with a Curcumin & Turmeric supplement in a capsule, you can simply open the capsule and pour in the powdered contents!
- 2 cups/500ml unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 pinches of ground cinnamon
- 1-2 (depending on how sweet how like it) tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional pinch of cloves
- Pour the almond milk into a saucepan and simmer over high heat until it’s hot, do not let it boil.
- Reduce heat and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir.
- Taste test and adapt how you like, more turmeric, cinnamon or maple syrup if needed.
- You can use a milk frother or blend for more texture but don't have to!
Pick up a book, cosy up and enjoy sipping away!
Enjoyed this recipe? You may enjoy making Simple Berry Fitness Bars.
Discover our range of vegan vitamins and supplements.
Want to hear more from our nutritionists? Sign up to our email newsletter for insights and exclusive offers: